It’s been a while since I’ve seen a stage show. Too long, actually. So, when my mother in law asked if I wanted to see Seussical at my alma mater, I agreed, albeit hesitantly. I was not familiar with the show, I’m not crazy about Seuss, and I had tried (and failed) to listen to the soundtrack multiple times.
However, that hesitation was in vain. The show was great. Not the best I have ever seen, but I definitely left with an appreciation for the show
- Casting was A+
- The set was amazing. There were two zip lines, a hole in the stage for the Whos to disappear into, and tons of hidden surprises.
- Additionally, the props were perfect.
- Vocals were strong and also well cast. Sour Kangaroo was my favorite vocalist by far, which is probably why she was chosen as the vocal coach.
- The biggest con I can think if is the lack of live music.
- The photos on social media leading up to the show made it look like the costumes and lighting were really dark. They weren’t, but if I didn’t already have a ticket, that would have really put me off.
Favorite Character: Gertrude McFuzz
Favorite Song: “Alone in the Universe”
Favorite Scene: When Gertrude sings “All For You”
Sadly, we caught the last show, but here are some images from the official Instagram.
If you’d like to listen to the Original Broadway Cast Recording, here you go!
Hopefully, I’ll have another show to report on soon. I’m not going this long without seeing a show again! If you’re in Lynchburg, be sure to catch a show at the Tower Theater sometime, you won’t regret it!