A new year, a new chance to set goals. Normally I don’t jump on the resolution train, but this year the start of the year lines up with some training and life goals that make starting in January perfect. Here’s what I hope to accomplish this year.
- Read all the books on my to-read shelf. And then stop buying mass quantities of books. The library exists for a reason. I don’t even like re-reading books that much, I don’t know why I insist on buying so many.
- Go to yoga at least once a week.
- Be able to do a headstand without a wall by the end of the year.
- Blog once a week (not counting Friday Favorites).
- Finish the Blue Ridge Marathon standing upright.
- Finish another marathon in the Fall
- Get into the Dopey Challenge for 2018.
- Run 1000 miles for the year.
- Use up my Bath & Body Works stash.
- Use my phone less in bed. Instead, I would rather read a book.
- Listen to more podcasts in the car. The radio plays the same 20 songs over and over again for months, I can afford to skip a few sessions and learn something.
- Watch one documentary a month. I keep saving lists of documentaries to watch and never actually get around to it. (These are most likely to be done during long run days when all I want to do is sit on the couch!)
What are you planning for 2017?